We’re honored to be asked to give testimony to the House Subcommittee on Economic Opportunity. The committee asked us to weigh in on a variety of issues including:
- Modernizing Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) for Student Veterans
- Allowing members of the National Guard to be considered “independent” when filing a FAFSA
- Creating a new GI Bill Calculator
- Fixing the VA’s 85/15 Rule
- Raising the alarm about the potential risks of Opioids and Benzodiazepines increasing suicides
- Strengthening Informed Consent regulation for Prescription Medications
As Veterans ourselves, we’re steadfastly committed to speaking up and fighting for Student Veterans and their families. This is the fifth time this session we have been invited to add our voice to a Congressional Hearing and we look forward to ensuring that Student Veterans’ voices are heard.