The Veteran Readiness and Employment Program (VR&E) provides help to Veterans suffering from service-related disabilities that affect the ability to work by offering tools and resources to prepare for, find, and maintain suitable employment. The program offers different tracks to meet various needs and situations. This includes:
- Assistance to achieve re-employment at a previous job
- Professional counseling and other resources to follow an employment path using an existing skill set
- Training and guidance to run one’s own business
- Guidance and resources to follow a new career path
- Services to help restore independence if unable to immediately return to the workplace
In order to qualify for these services, all of the following requirements must be met:
- Did not receive a dishonorable discharge
- Have a service-connected disability rating of at least 10%
- Apply for VR&E services
There is also an eligibility period of 12 years from the date of separation from active military service or your first VA service-connected disability rating.
In some cases, family members may also be eligible for certain benefits under this program.
To learn how to apply, whether you already have a VA disability rating or you have yet to receive one, visit here.